a la Japan, of course:
1. Watching people go about with umbrellas in the rain in Tokyo.
2. The Shisha dog statues of Okinawa
3. Cake sets. They're just awesome.
4. Shrine maidens (aka- miko)
6. Late night runs to convenience stores.
7. Tempura fried shiso leaf.
8. The chimes of the JR Yamanote line.
9. The light pink color that most women wear on them somewhere to take a break from the blacks and whites of their office wear.
10. Watching elderly women reading Japanese comic books on the train.
11. Crazy small cartoon animals made out of everything (soy bean puppy dogs, shinkansen-people, apple-people, cats, rabbits, taiko drums...etc...)
12. Finding any random arcade and walking in, watching machines eat 100 Yen coins like candy while having a complete blast.
13. Having random nice elderly Japanese people fall all over themselves to give you food.
14. The British announcer on the Shinkansen. When she came on, it was time to stand up and head for the doors to get off and she gave you 2 minutes to do it.
15. Finding the awesomest food imaginable in the amp/pm for 200 Yen.
16. Japanese game shows and Mr. Brain.
17. People smiling at you just for trying to say something in their language.
18. Riding trains and seeing the countryside.
19. Mt. Fuji peaking out from the clouds as we sped by.
20. Access to really good tea, excellent coffee, and fantastic chocoalte at all times.
I'm sure I'll think of more, but for right now that is what sits with me. I'm going to go home and play with the musical keychain that chimes the sound for Shinjuku and sigh.
Post a Comment